It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:45 pm

booting in safemode

All versions of Windows 7, 2008 and Vista including 32 bit and 64 bit

Moderator: icecube

booting in safemode

Postby dollhobbs » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:21 pm

I have a MSI motherboard and can't figure out how to boot into safe mode to run a repair. Not sure what the issue is but when I turn on power it will show the HDD info go to the small blue win 10 symbol then with no error message it powers off. If I then hit power again it starts normally with no problem.
dollhobbs
Geek in Training
Geek in Training

Operating System: Vista 64bit

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: booting in safemode

Postby Gecko » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:15 pm

From Setting Menu

Press Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen, then select Settings.
Select Update & security > Recovery.
Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

From the sign-in screen

Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power icon

> Restart.
After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Re: booting in safemode

Postby dollhobbs » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:51 am

thanks Gecko will do.
dollhobbs
Geek in Training
Geek in Training

Operating System: Vista 64bit