It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:49 pm

USB drive software

Support for any program including installing and running

Moderator: liljim

USB drive software

Postby redart » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:51 am

I have 2 USB flash drives, one a Disgo Lite, the other generic. The Disgo has security software which I'd like to use with the generic drive, but when I try it I get the message "No Disgo USB drive found". I've formatted the Disgo so that it appears to have nothing on it, and yet it gets recognised while the generic model doesn't. Is there any way to get the generic model recognised by the Disgo software?. Tnx.
redart

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby icecube » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:45 pm

Hi Redart

If you are familiar with working in DOS, you could try changing the volume label of the generic to the Disgo volume label using the dos "label" command I kind of get the feeling that the volume serial number probably has to be in a certain numeric range also but maybe not. There are programs out on the web that will change the serial number, and it's been years since I used one. You might just luck out changing the Vol.
icecube

Postby redart » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:07 am

Thanks Icecube,

I'd tried changing the volume label but without success. I've now also tried your suggestion of changing the volume serial number, which I did using a utility I found on the net, but again, no luck. Any other thoughts ?.
Thanks again for the suggestions.

Redart
redart

Return to Misc. Software