It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:34 am

McAfee Security Suite 2007 blocking images on some sites

Support for any program including installing and running

Moderator: liljim

McAfee Security Suite 2007 blocking images on some sites

Postby RioKhanada » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:38 am

Hi there,

It's been a while, and I hope I'm not rehashing an old issue. I just purchased and installed McAfee Security Suite 2007. Ever since, I cannot view the images on some websites.

For example - at w ww. gettyimages. com, I can see the pics when looking at a search result. However, when I click on a particular photo, the pop-up comes up but no photo will appear. At w ww. polfoto. dk, I can't even see the images on the page.

This just started as soon as I installed this software. I was with the McAfee tech support for over 4 hrs. I added the sites to my trusted lists, allowed lists, turned off parental controls in the McAfee software, etc etc etc. I still cannot see the pics. I uninstalled it and voila -- I can see the images.

Anybody have this problem and found a resolution? I'm on with their tech support again and have been waiting for them to "research" my problem for over 1.5 hrs now. HELP PLEASE!

Thank you...

PS: I listed the websites with a space in between so as not to activate the hyperlink. I just wanted to give you an example of where I was having a problem. I hope this is OK.
"The force will be with you...always."
RioKhanada
Geek in Training
Geek in Training

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby Gecko » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:14 pm

Hello RioKhanada,

From what I have seen and read it has to do with the ad blocker feature in McAfee.
If the image size of the image you are not seeing is 468x60, 125x125, 88x31 or any other standard banner size then McAfee thinks it's an ad and blocks it.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Thanks!

Postby RioKhanada » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:42 pm

Gecko wrote:Hello RioKhanada,

From what I have seen and read it has to do with the ad blocker feature in McAfee.
If the image size of the image you are not seeing is 468x60, 125x125, 88x31 or any other standard banner size then McAfee thinks it's an ad and blocks it.

Hi Gecko!

A fellow Floridian! Thanks for the response - do you have any ideas on what (if anything) I could turn off to keep this from happening?

Thanks!
RioKhanada
Geek in Training
Geek in Training

Re: Thanks!

Postby Gecko » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:26 am

RioKhanada wrote:A fellow Floridian!

I'm in Mount Dora about 20 miles north of Orlando.

I am not familiar with McAfee's interface but I would look for a way to turn off the ad blocker.
Try looking in the McAfee help, do a search for the ad blocker.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Thanks!

Postby RioKhanada » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:53 pm

Hey again,

You're not too far from O-Town, cool! :cool:

I'm going to try and see if I can find some sort of ad blocker as you suggested. I was on with their tech support again last night and they could not figure it out (again). The guy actually had me do a DOS virus scan to see if that would work (nope). I am to the point of throwing it out the window, but I will try to find the ad blocker first.

Thanks, and if it works, I'll post back!
RioKhanada
Geek in Training
Geek in Training

ISSUE RESOLVED!!!!

Postby RioKhanada » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:25 am

:) :) :)

THANK YOU, GECKO, FOR YOUR RECOMMENDATION!!!

I went thru all the different tabs and found one section marked "block advertisements while surfing the internet" -- this was checked off. So I unchecked it and launched IE -- guess what? It works now!!!

Wow....to think I wasted about 8 hrs of my life trying to talk to those idiots at McAfee. I should have come here from the get-go.

THANK YOU again!!!
RioKhanada
Geek in Training
Geek in Training

Return to Misc. Software