It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:18 am

active x and qttask

Support for any program including installing and running

Moderator: liljim

active x and qttask

Postby PearlJamaholic » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:42 pm

ok first thing im using xp sp2 and ie7. now every time i go to a site that has active x's i get that stupid bar. which is fine for the most part but i need it popping up for windows media player, realplayer, quicktime(more on that later), etc. i know its somewhere in ie secruity settings but im not sure which active x thing i have to enable. plus im not sure if i can make exceptions for certain programs and keep it so it always pops up. atleast once until i ok it. does that make sense

second is everytime quicktime runs for whatever reason an active x, my camera prgram, what have you. windows defender lets me know it set its self to start on startup so i have to disable it everytime that quicktime does anything. i had it uninstalled for awhile but ijust found out i need it for my camera program. which kinda sucks. so how do i get quicktime to behave its self?

thanks
PearlJamaholic
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: active x and qttask

Postby PCguy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:01 am

PearlJamaholic wrote:ok first thing im using xp sp2 and ie7. now every time i go to a site that has active x's i get that stupid bar. which is fine for the most part but i need it popping up for windows media player, realplayer, quicktime(more on that later), etc. i know its somewhere in ie secruity settings but im not sure which active x thing i have to enable. plus im not sure if i can make exceptions for certain programs and keep it so it always pops up. atleast once until i ok it. does that make sense

You can't make exceptions for programs as far as I know. But you can make exceptions to specific websites by putting them in the trusted zone.

PearlJamaholic wrote:second is everytime quicktime runs for whatever reason an active x, my camera prgram, what have you. windows defender lets me know it set its self to start on startup so i have to disable it everytime that quicktime does anything. i had it uninstalled for awhile but ijust found out i need it for my camera program. which kinda sucks. so how do i get quicktime to behave its self?

thanks

Are you saying you need Windows Defender to run your camera? If not, can't you uninstall Windows Defender? (I am not running it btw)
(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Copy and paste bunny into your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.

PCguy
Lord of the Geeks
Lord of the Geeks

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64

Thanks given:2
Thanks received:4

Postby PearlJamaholic » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:11 pm

i dont need windows defender. the problem is everytime i use quicktime it(qt) sets itself to start on startup. i use defender to stop that. but then when i use quicktime it undoes the disabled thing.
PearlJamaholic
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Return to Misc. Software