It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:14 pm

HD ADeck

Support for any program including installing and running

Moderator: liljim

HD ADeck

Postby venney » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:54 pm

Hello there.
This pc came with a bit of software installed called 'HD ADeck' I think. And it was just an audio device thing, nothing special. I believe it is a piece of Microsoft software. The pc is xp media edition. I think when doing windows update there was an update for it, so I did the update. Now i get an error message upon start up saying
'HDeck
Wrong Driver Version'.
I don’t really want the program to be honest so I was going to remove it. I think I found it in add/remove programs, but I don’t want to remove the thing I found as it said it could effect basically everything, gave me a huge list of all my stuff involved which I assume uses sound. In add/remove it was called 'High Definition audio driver package KB888111'

Is there a way I can either update it again to get a correct driver, or just remove it.
I was thinking of stopping it starting up on start up, but I don’t remember the command line thing to get to all that, so if someone could tell me that, it might be equally helpful.

Thanks
Venney
:)

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
what your eyes can't see."
Muhammad Ali
venney

Operating System: Mac OS X

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby Gecko » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:20 am

venney,

From the best I can tell you should be able to uninstall the High Definition audio driver package KB888111 package through add/remove programs without any problems.
Microsoft has an article about it here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111/en-us
They don't give a lot of information about uninstalling but did say if you uninstalled it and then reinstalled it would not show in the add/remove programs.

I would create a restore point before you uninstall it though just in case.
1. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, then System Tools.
2. Click System Restore to launch the System Restore wizard.
3. Select the box next the text labeled "Create a restore point" and click the Next button.
4. Type a description for your new restore point. Something like "Before I installed some program that may cause my system major grief" would do just fine, but you don't have to be that descriptive.
5. Click Create.

I don't know if you can stop it from loading at startup it my be a service, you can try though.
Start > Run > type msconfig > click OK > Startup tab.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:22

Postby venney » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:53 pm

I don't know if you can stop it from loading at startup it my be a service, you can try though.
Start > Run > type msconfig > click OK > Startup tab.

Worked like a treat :)
Thanks Gecko!

"Float like a butterfly.
Sting like a bee.
Your hands can't hit
what your eyes can't see."
Muhammad Ali
venney

Operating System: Mac OS X

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Return to Misc. Software