It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:40 am

Massive FPS Drops in Online Games Only

All computer hardware support

Re: Massive FPS Drops in Online Games Only

Postby arsenicknife » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:52 am

After three excruciating weeks, it ended up being something so incredibly simple. I was playing Alan Wake on my computer when I started to see the same issue happening. So, I decided to download a program to check my computer's temperature. I noticed my processor and motherboard were both running at an insanely high 90+ Celsius. I opened up my case, and lo and behold when I checked behind the fan of my processor, I noticed a ton of dust blocking vent. Took a can of air and cleaned it out real nice. My temperatures dropped a good 40 degrees, and now Rift runs perfectly normal again.

After telling my guild this, someone else decided to do the same thing (he runs on a laptop). He noticed a significant improvement in his performance as well.

It's always the simplest things that you forget, isn't it?
arsenicknife

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby liljim » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:04 am

Nope, i didnt forget it. It just didnt match your complaints

liljim wrote:The online only thing is whats throwing me. Your on a clean machine, tried direct connection, plenty speed. We could look into heat issues but that would effect offline gaming also.

Although you obviously needed a good cleaning, a 3% packet loss wasnt helping anything either.
liljim

Operating System: Win 7 Home Premium X64

Thanks received:12

Postby geomathews » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:25 pm

My system used to slow down when ever I used to play games. The packet test has also done for my PC and it confirm that there is a packet loss in my system and that was the reason for my system becoming slow. Could you please produce some attachments providing the solution for my problem?

best mobile multiplayer games
best social games
geomathews

Operating System: windows

Thanks received:0

Previous

Return to Hardware