It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:00 pm

FPS issues

All computer hardware support

FPS issues

Postby cjmilla » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Hello

I'm new to this forum I signed up hoping to get some insite in a problem of been having with FPS on my system. My specs are

Processor- AMD Athalon II 645 x 4 3.1 ghz
GPU- EVGA GTX 580
Ram PNY- 4gbx 2 DDR3 duel channel
MoBO- GIGABYTE AMD GA770T-USB3 AM3 DDR3 16
Display- Dell Ultra Sharp u2711

I have been having trouble lately maintaining steady FPS in games like World of Warcraft,Rift,Witcher 2 these are the only examples I have currently but feel my FPS on all these games is rather lower than it should be and im not the best at hardware related issues/software trouble shooting and would greatly appreciate some tips on how to figure out whats dragging my system down. I am aware my processor kinda sucks but I thought it would atleast be powerful enough to hold 60 fps in raids on high or ultra settings in WOW without a issue. Rift I average 40 fps just walking around by myself and withcher 2 I also average around 40 fps with dips to as low as 30.I play at resolutions of 2560x1440 and usally on high with things like antiallising off because I'm aware it taxes systems hard.FPS always seems to randomly fluctuate 10-20 fps and never really holds a consistent range. I'm aware the fps will fluctuate by many times I can see no reason for the drop. For instance I will be in a fight getting great fps in wow 70 or so than during the same environmental in the same fight it will drop suddenly to 35.Is my processor the reason for my fps and should I consider a upgrade? or is the issue unrelated? I ran a 3d mark test and it told me that my score was low for people with similar systems. Any help at all at point would be huge and yeah I have all current drivers and have tried a clean driver install a few times to no avail.
cjmilla

Operating System: windows 7 home

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: FPS issues

Postby PCguy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:42 pm

When I played WoW, no matter how beefy anyone's system was, in a raid, fps suffers.

Are you running 32 or 64 bit Windows 7?
(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Copy and paste bunny into your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.

PCguy
Lord of the Geeks
Lord of the Geeks

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64

Thanks given:2
Thanks received:4

Re: FPS issues

Postby PcTestCard.com » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:19 am

I would suggest reinstall the latest mobo chipset driver, reboot, then if there is RAID using, install the latest RAID driver as well.
The last is reinstall the vga card driver, reboot.

Hope this helps.
Bill
Tech Manager
PcTestCard.com
Geek
Geek

Thanks given:2
Thanks received:0

Return to Hardware