It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:57 pm

printer ink cartridges

All computer hardware support

printer ink cartridges

Postby kaitlinsnana » Tue May 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi guys, Haven't been here in a while and my question might not be appropriate for this site.

I have an Epson 500 all in one printer. I've come to believe it's impossible to refil these cartridges. Is it possible to buy a a new printer that doesn't make you buy their expensive cartridges?
kaitlinsnana

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: printer ink cartridges

Postby MikePL » Tue May 10, 2011 5:55 pm

I believe you CAN refill cartridges of most brands of printers at a photo shop and other places. I live in the U.S and refill my HP cartridge at CVS. But you gotta remember that refilling comes out only a tad cheaper than buying a new cartridge, because when you refill you only get around 3/4 of the cartridge filled, so it comes out the same as if you bough a new cartridge.
MikePL

Operating System: Windowns 7 Home Premium

Postby icecube » Fri May 13, 2011 12:11 am

The Epson cartridges can be refilled, but it is probably more cost effective buying generic refills. I use a company called printpal.com. I used to go put on plastic gloves and refill them but that gets old fast but is is very cheap. Spilling ink on the carpet is a forever thing, it isn't coming off. Since the Epson Print head is on the printer, bad ink can clogg the heads. The HP printer cartridges are a little more complex, the print head is part of the cartridge and the cardridge has a bladder inside, you miss the bladder and fill the cartridge and it won't print.
icecube

Postby liljim » Sun May 29, 2011 6:47 pm

I buy the generic refilled ones that icecube mentioned for my epson and they work great. I use http://www.inkcartridgecity.com/ for mine.
liljim

Operating System: Win 7 Home Premium X64

Thanks received:12

Return to Hardware