It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:20 am

Multiple Errors and Warnings

All computer hardware support

Multiple Errors and Warnings

Postby beni4me » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:21 pm

Hello,

A few days ago, I noticed my desktop was running and loading everything really slowly. I decided to look in the Event Viewer and I saw that there were multiple instances of Errors such as:

-"Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x87AF010A: 9NBLGGH4R32N-Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub."
-"App Container profile failed with error 0x800700B7 because it was unable to register the AppContainer SID."
-"The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block."

and multiple Warnings such as:

-"The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{6a68cbfa-a505-11e7-b6a4-d43d7edb0275}#0000000000100000."
-"The IO operation at logical block address 0x35de0d0 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\00000037) was retried."
-"The file system structure on volume C: has now been repaired.".

I tried looking for possible solutions and tried running CHKDSK (no errors found). I also downloaded CrystalDisk which says my SSD is at 100%. My searches also brought up results that pointed to Windows 10 Creator Update as the culprit. I should also note that I've had this same problem happen to me twice before, this being the third time. In the two previous times, I've also had similar Errors and Warnings in the Event Viewer. Both those times, I decided to reinstall Windows 10. The fresh install would run normally for about two months before hitting the same problems again.

Can anyone tell me whether this is a hardware problem or software problem?
beni4me

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: Multiple Errors and Warnings

Postby Gecko » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:16 pm

Hello beni4me,

It looks to me like the errors you listed a more hardware related than software.
Error 0x87AF010A is a Windows Store update error, the error 0x800700B7 is a restore error directly related to a "bad block" on your drive. Even bigger indications that it's hardware are this two line:
"The IO operation at logical block address 0x35de0d0 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\00000037) was retried."
"The file system structure on volume C: has now been repaired."

In simple terms windows has detected a bad block on your drive and flagged it as retired (not accessible).

However non of these events would have anything to do with your system running "really slowly". Have you run a virus/malware scan?
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Return to Hardware