It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:10 pm

stisvc.exe generating errors???

All versions of Windows 7, 2008 and Vista including 32 bit and 64 bit

Moderator: icecube

stisvc.exe generating errors???

Postby Walrus » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:10 pm

Hi all. I have just started receiving an error message "stisvc.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program" everytime I try to download pictures from my camera. This has just started happening and I reinstalled all my camera drivers, twain drivers and camera browsing software (zoombrowser) but the problem is still there so I am confident stisvc.exe is the culprit. I cannot find any info on this file except that it's a still image service that automatically starts when using some cameras or scanners. I tried deleting the stisvc.exe file entirely to see what would happen and it made no difference....same error message. I can't find out how to reinstall this file if it is corrupted. Does anyone have any advice about fixing this problem? I really don't want to reformat....gulp. Thanks for any help.
Walrus

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby Geekgirl » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:45 pm

Hi Walrus

stisvc.exe is an executable which is installed by Windows tofether with digital cameras, scanners or another graphical input devices. Hardware device drivers use this service and it should not be terminated whilst these devices are used.

So it is on your Windows 2000 disc.
Geekgirl
Geek Alumni

Postby Cactus » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:14 am

Are you running Win2000?
Did you install SP3?
There is known issues with SP3 not updating certain files.
Let me know...

Cactus
Cactus
Geek Alumni

Return to Windows 7, 2008 and Vista