It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:05 pm

Zone Alarm Questions

Discuss security related topics in here (Hacking, Cracking, and Protecting)
Do not post HJT Logs here

Moderator: PCguy

Zone Alarm Questions

Postby Immel » Tue May 11, 2004 7:20 pm

Hi everyone,
My Zone Alarm Pro trial just expired and it very kindly gave the option to now use the basic Zone Alarm which I now have running. Now I am wondering two things. 1. Does the basic Zone Alarm protect less then the other? And 2. Ever since I've started using the basic version (just today) I have gotten sooo many alerts. Much more than the pro Zone Alarm. :?:

Immel
Geek in Training
Geek in Training

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

zone alarm

Postby badpolarbear » Tue May 11, 2004 7:29 pm

The free zone alarm is not as good as the pro version but works ok. You can find some other free programs that will help you protect yourself. Try Agnitum Outpost firewall, it works well. Also download and install things like SpywareGuard, SpyBot, SpywareBlaster, Hijack This, CWShredder and anything else you can find that suits your needs. With the free zone alarm you will be covered fairly well but any free programs you can get to protect yourself more cant hurt. Just be sure not to get things that are going to conflict with each other. Daniel
badpolarbear
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Re: Zone Alarm Questions

Postby Ranger Bob » Tue May 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Immel wrote:Hi everyone,
My Zone Alarm Pro trial just expired and it very kindly gave the option to now use the basic Zone Alarm which I now have running. Now I am wondering two things. 1. Does the basic Zone Alarm protect less then the other? And 2. Ever since I've started using the basic version (just today) I have gotten sooo many alerts. Much more than the pro Zone Alarm. :?:

You may need to go into ZoneAlarm under Alerts & Logs Main tab and turn off "Do not show any information alerts. "Program alerts will still be displayed.)" to reduce the number of alerts you are seeing.

In addition if you decide to try out another firewall I would recommend uninstalling ZoneAlarm and not trying to run multiple firewalls.
Ranger Bob
Geek Alumni

Return to Security