It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:53 pm

Re browser hijacks

Discuss security related topics in here (Hacking, Cracking, and Protecting)
Do not post HJT Logs here

Moderator: PCguy

Re browser hijacks

Postby badpolarbear » Thu May 06, 2004 3:09 pm

One thing that I have noticed of late is there is an increase of download boxes showing up in web sites. It often asks if you would like to download and run a particular program. Often times newer people to the pc world just assume it is a required process in the web site and just click on the install botton. When these boxes pop up on the screen be sure to read what it is. If all else fails do a search on the net to see what it is. I have noticed many times that the name of the program is a toolbar and this is where the big mistake is made. Our pc's are very valuable to us and we need to be very carefull with them. Dont just assume. If we take the time to investigate we will often find the answer and not have to go through the pain of going through a lot of work to fix it. But then again if we all did this there would be no need for this site. Ok gang forget what I said and download and install anything and everything. :lol: Good Luck Daniel
badpolarbear
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby lilpinkflower » Thu May 06, 2004 10:00 pm

... and have u noticed that u wen u say 'no' to the download u often get additional alerts tellin u to download or else !! lol.. and then u have to do a 'ctrl' 'alt' 'del' to close the site cos they wont let u leave empty handed lolz

nasty peeps !!

lilpink x
lilpinkflower

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Return to Security