It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:51 pm

Basic, safe email

Discuss security related topics in here (Hacking, Cracking, and Protecting)
Do not post HJT Logs here

Moderator: PCguy

Basic, safe email

Postby sandylewis90 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:02 am

Looking for a recommendation for an email provider for my mom. Something easy to use, safe and very basic, oh and free would be good too. Google and AOL are out as possible choices.

She needs something that she can use as someone who really doesn't have a clue how to use a computer well. She can use Facebook (barely) and her AOL mail, though she's convinced that her AOL mail is bugged after somehow finding this list about email spam. She's also convinced that Google is taking over the world so Gmail has been declined as a possible new email host.

Is there something like large print playing cards, but in email? Email for old people? Sigh.
sandylewis90

Operating System: Mac OSX

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: Basic, safe email

Postby PCguy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:38 am

GMX seems to be ok as far as email providers go. But if you really want to make your mother's email life better, get her incredimail. Personally, I hate the thing. But my wife loves it and has got her parents hooked on it. It will give you that large print playing card feeling you are looking for.

I hope this helps and good luck dragging your mother into the modern life style. :)
(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Copy and paste bunny into your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.

PCguy
Lord of the Geeks
Lord of the Geeks

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64

Thanks given:2
Thanks received:4

Return to Security