It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:36 am

pc protection

Discuss security related topics in here (Hacking, Cracking, and Protecting)
Do not post HJT Logs here

Moderator: PCguy

pc protection

Postby ctjonb » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:28 am

Hi everyone, I was wondering is there a big differance between the purchased price of Norton vs the Free version of avast. I used to use avg but the last time I tried to use the free version I couldn't get ? I tried avast for a while but it seemed that once the pops to purchase started It didn't seem to work right anymore, I get Nortons free from my ISP so I figured lets try it again. I did notice I did a scan and it picked up 17 trailing cookies since I reformated my pc last night. I would think these things would be blocked with out having to run a scan no ?
I was just wondering what everyone elses thoughts and experiances have been with various pc protection. I am tired of formating at least once a year, am I alone having to do this. or is better off to do so once a year anyway ?
Thanks for any feedback
John
ctjonb
Geek in Training
Geek in Training

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: pc protection

Postby Gecko » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:25 pm

ctjonb,

The best anti virus is Safe Surfing Habits and Read before you click!
Last time I had to format a system it had been over 6 years since windows had been installed.

I currently use AVG full version on all my windows systems and have not had an infection in a couple of years and that's with two teenage daughters.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Postby ctjonb » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:36 am

Thanks for the info I appriciate it.
Say, does the level of protection vary from either the free or paid downloads ? Just wondering, because I figure if it's good enough for a free dowmload, why Buy the full version or No ? I would think the only difference would be but for additioal options.
Thanks
John
ctjonb
Geek in Training
Geek in Training

Postby harywilson1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:13 am

The danger of an attack on a computer system is constantly growing. I think Norton is the best anti virus. Norton provides easy to use protection from viruses, intruders, and other Internet-based threats.
harywilson1

Postby liljim » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:31 am

Norton is great at keeping YOU off the internet... thats about all its good for.
liljim

Operating System: Win 7 Home Premium X64

Thanks received:12

Postby jacksdosen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Always use a firewall, your computer is like an "internal padlock to assure your computer and all you accept advice stored on your computer. Most computer operating systems already installed on the firewall, but you may accept to accessible them.
You should use anti-virus setup for protecting your pc against the Trojon and kind of viruses.
jacksdosen

Operating System: Ubuntu 11.10

Postby petersampsons » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:35 am

If you got a PC protection then you can install a Quick Heal Anti virus in your computer then your Computer is protect for the viruses.
petersampsons

Return to Security