It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:42 pm

Compaq Presario 7594

All versions of Window XP and 2003 including 32 bit and 64 bit

Moderator: icecube

Compaq Presario 7594

Postby caboosejjs » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:45 am

I am doing a quick restore on a this compaq 7594. It is a 2 CD restore. The problem is that it requires a restore diskette that I do not have. I have the 2 CD's. I Iooked somewhat online for the software with no prevail. If I email Compaq i know that they will probably send me one but I though maybe I could be more time efficient here if someone had any suggestions?
caboosejjs
Geek
Geek

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby Cactus » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:52 am

Isn't the first CD bootable?!?

Cactus
Cactus
Geek Alumni

Postby Geekgirl » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:58 am

Hey caboosejjs

What kind of an error are you getting? Give us more info plz.
Do you have the 2 cd restore discs? How you know you don't have right disc?
Geekgirl
Geek Alumni

Postby caboosejjs » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:16 am

I booted to the first CD and went through some setup prompts such as location. Then the recovery CD asked me to insert the recovery diskette. Not the 2nd CD which I have. At that point is where I ran into the problem because I dont have that recovery floppy. So I did a little more research on Compaq recoverys online. I found that there is ,what seems to be, a universal foppy recovery file called SP9477.EXE for Windows 98Compaq machines . So I find a link to this file and naturally end up getting a connection error over and over.
Funny thing happened when I went to check out more information for you both. I ended up hitting a key after prompted to " please insert recovery distette" (sp9477.exe) and hit any key" (like i tried previosly). But this time the recovery process started because there wasnt a floppy in drive. Originally I was trying to do this with some uknown floppies in the drive that I though might have worked. This is a machine that was giving to me for play and the software is little unorganized. So everything is working now. Thank you Cactus and Geekgirl.
caboosejjs
Geek
Geek

Postby Cactus » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:29 am

Right on caboosejjs .... Image

Cactus Image
Cactus
Geek Alumni