It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:42 am

Problem With Large Pixels In Wallpaper

All versions of Window XP and 2003 including 32 bit and 64 bit

Moderator: icecube

Problem With Large Pixels In Wallpaper

Postby dawnhick » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:53 pm

I was over at a friends house last night and we were checking out the computer he has set up for his grandson. They had just defragged it and we put in a game called Dr Seuss's ABCs which has a copyright of 1991. When he shut the game down with the x instead of closing it out through the program we noticed that the wallpaper he had on the machine was corrupted. We checked all the settings and everything looks correct. Not only is all the wallpaper corrupted with large pixels and looks grainy but the pictures he had downloaded to the computer previously are the same. The icons on the desktop seem to be fine but the background is grainy and you can see the pixels. The computer is a 500 mhz pentium3 and the operating system is Windows 98. I looked at the directions on the ABC game and it mentions Windows 95 but has no directions for Windows 98 so it was an older game. If anyone can tell me what went wrong and if there is anyway to correct this I would really appreciate it.
dawnhick

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby Restek » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:12 pm

It sounds to me like the game altered the number of colours your screen is displaying. Reboot to see if that fixes it, if not right-click on a blank bit of the desktop & go to properties. Go to the settings tab & there should be an option there called 'Color depth' or 'Color quality.' Select 16bit or 32bit, hit OK & see if that helps :)
Restek
Geek Alumni

Postby dawnhick » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:04 am

Hi Restek,
Thanks for the help.
I know we did go in and change something that had to do with bits all it changes was the size of the wallpaper on the screen and didn't make a difference to the quality of the picture. I don't remember it being called color depth or quality. As soon as I go over there I'll check and see if that was it.
Thanks Again....Dawn
dawnhick

Return to Windows XP and 2003