It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Wireless issue

All versions of Window XP and 2003 including 32 bit and 64 bit

Moderator: icecube

Wireless issue

Postby chrisc » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:00 pm

My buddy set up a wireless network in his home. He has a new linksys wireless router and is connecting 4 machines to it via wirelss network cards. All the cards are wireless g cards. 2 machines are XP home and I have gotten them to talk to all of the other computers and the internet with NO problems. I also got the 2000 pro machine talking to everyone but is a litttle fluky with the internet. The windows 98 se machine see all 3 other computers, file/printer shares with NO problems. However, it will not connect to the internet. when you open IE it goes to "cannot display page". It can ping the other computers but cannot ping to the internet either. I've tried disabling antivirus and firewall with no help. Any suggestions?
chrisc
Geek in Training
Geek in Training

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby Geekgirl » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:48 pm

Right click on Network Neighborhood,click properties and make sure your TCP/IP settings are correct. Your able to see the other computers within the network and use the network printer because you have probably enabled file and print sharing, but you may not have your TCP/IP settings correct to connect you to the internet.
Geekgirl
Geek Alumni

Just a guess

Postby icecube » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:31 am

Your 98 system could be set for dial up

Use the internet wizard to reconfigure your internet access--rt click on explorer--etc
icecube

Return to Windows XP and 2003