It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:49 pm

ads

Tell us how we are doing

Moderator: PCguy

ads

Postby Psymon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:17 am

:(

Most of the time when I get an email showing that someone's replied to a thread I've posted in, it's someone with a post count lower than 10, who can't spell, saying something completely useless, and their signature consists of advertising links.

It's really getting me down that some people are doing this, and that these actions would require such tedious policing of the forums to remove.

I used to use the report button on them, but I got tired of doing this since more just show up.

If the admins would prefer I flag up such posts, then I'd gladly do so to make their job easier.
Psymon
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: ads

Postby cking » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:48 pm

I to find this to be quite annoying especially when I'm in a hurry and take the time to sign in and locate my thread to see what the answer was just to discover its someone selling me a service. Reporting these sites is tedious work and doesn't always prevent them from comeing though as they just rotate user names.
cking
Geek
Geek

Postby Psymon » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:08 pm

the sudden boom of ad posts is getting me down :(
Psymon
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Postby Gecko » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:40 pm

It's mostly the new Auto posting bots that are hitting us.

They do everything, setup a free email account, scan for a board to post, register using the free email account, login and confirm the account email sent, post a set number of new posts, all with the one mouse click.

It's sad really, bulletin boards everywhere are being inundated by these new bots.
I think the days of joining and posting to a board without prior Administration approval are numbered.

I do my best to stay on top of the spammers but unless I'm logged on 24-7 some will get through. :(
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Postby techgirl » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:18 pm

I completely agree! it is so annoying when there is an ad or just a message full of symbols that make no sense at all. I know they have to be approved but how do they keep allowing them to post just anything? I get emails like this all the time from random forums that have nothing to do with computers and i work for a pc company and all i care about is just that and anything involving Landsharkit.com. I just hate how it fills up my inbox and creates time for me to sift through them all. totally sick of it!
techgirl

Thanks given:3

Return to Comments/Suggestions