It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Gypsy band website...

Here's a chance to show off your site and see what others think

Moderator: PCguy

Gypsy band website...

Postby rayne6834 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:02 am

I made this website for a local band...I used photoshop what do you guys think?

http://www.gypsyrockband.com/
rayne6834
Geek in Training
Geek in Training

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby josh10581 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:27 am

Looks good to me Rayne, of course I have always liked light text on dark background. Only piece of constructive criticism: I would try to change the link colors from that blue color. IMO it makes them a little difficult read, but like I said, just an opinion.
josh10581
Geek
Geek

Postby LbS » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:58 pm

All I do all day long is program web pages... lalalalalala... my are mostly applications but some of my advice will translate over to you.

Make the header links (Home, events, media, bio, links) roll overs. It should be really easy to do in PS. Really easy to do... make the images and if you need help with the code just leave a message below.

On the events link:
Scrolling for that little bit to see one more event is annoying to users. Make the text a bit smaller to have it all on one page.

On the media page:
The guy above is absolutely right. The color of the links is horrible. Also people understand that when pictures look like thumb nails that they can click on them and see the full picture so you do not need to have the border on them.

I think that is about it... let me know if you need any help with any thing above. I program all day long and do web pages about 45% of the time. I have extensive knowledge of JavaScript and html. So if you need any thing... or don't thing there is a way to do any thing... trust me there is.

I would also suggest getting rid of the frame and using JavaScript show/hide layers/divs to show your page since there is so little info. But that might be a bit much to explain at this time :)

Hope it helps!
LbS
Geek
Geek

Return to Site Showoff