It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:02 am

Get ready for a laugh

Here's a chance to show off your site and see what others think

Moderator: PCguy

Get ready for a laugh

Postby badpolarbear » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:31 am

This is my first site ever. The first thing I would like to do is thank liljim because about 10 days or so ago I had no idea what html was. There were times when I was frustrated, and wanted to give up but liljim wouldnt let me. Now many of you are going to look at the site and laugh because of all the bells and whistles I added. But just remember when any of us built our first site we wanted all the cool stuff. The reason I did it was to learn.

So have a look, have a good laugh and turn your sound on. Feel free to sign the guest book.

There is one page still being worked on, thats the last one where Im going to put links to sites that have helped me along the way.

Personal note to liljim. Your a good teacher. PC Tech needs more people like you. You deserve a medal for your help.

Daniel http://free.hostdepartment.com/b/badpolarbear/
badpolarbear
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby amb141 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:53 am

BPB

I dunno about anyone else but I think the site looks great. The bits and pieces load fast enough despite the bells and whistles and, while I prefer a somewhat, err... quieter atmosphere in a commercial or informational site a personal website like yours is just fine if it is a three-ring circus.

If I had a suggestion it would be that the text is a little hard to read against the background of the tiled bears. It might be easier to read if the background were a little less busy. But I enjoyed my brief visit very much and I'll be back -- particularly to look at the "cool stuff" page which I haven't even opened yet!

alan
amb141
Geek in Training
Geek in Training

Postby liljim » Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:13 pm

Thank you badpolarbear,
Your an extremely fast learner which made me "appear" to be a good teacher.This has been a fun site to work on and i look forward to seeing how you update it in the future.
liljim

Operating System: Win 7 Home Premium X64

Thanks received:12

Postby Borogorn » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:10 pm

Polarbear - thats cool :)

I especially like the music in the 'family' section... made me chuckle. Congrats man :)

Boro
Borogorn
Geek
Geek

Return to Site Showoff