It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:43 am

Webhosting Tips Wanted

Help with Web Design, Programming, and Graphics

Moderator: Gecko

Webhosting Tips Wanted

Postby babai » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:36 pm

A company is considering switching web hosts, and im looking for some suggestions

web host needs to support the following:
- lots of storage space
- all the latest technology (doh), php, ruby, ajax, asp, mysql, etc
- email support (at least 20 boxes, and unlimited pop/smtp support *no 250 relay bull*****)
- SSL certificate support
- control panel
- FTP access
- numerous domain & sub domain support
- room to expand (ecommerce)

and most importantly cost efficient ;p

I'm looking at a shared hosting (or perhaps even a virtual server) package.

Currently ive been looking at godaddy since their plans seem to offer all of the above and is fairly affordable, but im also looking for other options.

This is not for me, it was on another forum & I thought some ideas would come up here.
babai

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: Webhosting Tips Wanted

Postby Axelation » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:35 am

Checkout maybe rackspace. http://www.rackspace.com/index.php
We use them where I work, but I don't know all the details as far as your requirements listed in your post.
"You don't know it yet, but.......You are sharing your secrets....One packet at a time."
Axelation
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Postby Gecko » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:27 pm

Well here is what I offer:

30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
99.9% Network Uptime Guarantee
Over 30 Free PHP web application including:
Ad Management, Blog, Calendar, Classified Ads, Content Management, Customer Support, Discussion Boards, E-Commerce, File Manipulation, Groupware Tools, Image Galleries, Portal Systems, Server Management and Web Hosting Tools.

Basic Business Plan - $100.00 per year:
15000 MB Data Storage
300 GB Data Transfer
3 Domains Hosted
100 E-mail accounts
20 FTP Accounts
20 MySQL Databases

Corporate plan: - $144.00 per year

2500000 MB Data Storage
25000 GB Data Transfer
30 Domains Hosted
Unlimited E-mail accounts
50 FTP Accounts
50 MySQL Databases
1 PostgreSQL Database

B&J Graphics Hosting Services
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Postby qrsvideos » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:18 pm

im not sure but try 000webhost.com
qrsvideos

Postby davidjoshua11 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi, I guess by now you have already found the best webhosting company that will cater to your specified requirements. I hope you can update us with the web hosting you are using now. I am sure your vast experience will greatly help new web developers to see which is the best one around. Multivariate Testing
davidjoshua11

Postby Andrew09 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:14 am

1. Cost of Hosting – Consider your budget before choosing a host. Some web hosts would give you discount if you pay for 1 year. Some might give you more discount if you can pay for 2 years or even more.

2. Addon Domains – If you have multiple websites, get a webhost that allows addon domains.

3. Down time – Look for hosts that have low down time. It is annoying if you try to access your site, and you cannot. If you have a business, this means losses because there were no sales.

4. Web Space – You need a lot of webspace if your site is growing especially if you have addon domains. Every post you post on your site uses some of your web space. So this means that the more you post, the more space is being used monthly.

5. Customer Support – A good web host should have online customer support. This is because you would like to receive an answer immediately and not after 6 hours. The customer support should be able to handle all your technical needs.

6. Cpanel – Having a Cpanel feature would save you a lot of trouble. If you want to install a blog platform such as WordPress, you can do it with a single click from the Cpanel.

7. Money Back Guarantee – You might change your mind later and decide to cancel a hosting service. Most good web hosts have 30 days or more money back guarantee. So if you change you mind within 30 days, you are sure of receiving your full refund back.

8. Reviews – Look for reviews about the web hosting company. People would always write if a web host is good or not. Read the negative reviews and see if it is a recurring problem or if it is an isolated problem.

ecommerce web development seo services
Andrew09

Return to Web Development