It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:51 am

Is Web Design my true passion?

Help with Web Design, Programming, and Graphics

Moderator: Gecko

Is Web Design my true passion?

Postby flores » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:17 pm

I would like to get into Web Design, creating web pages for small, mid-size companies and the the future, why not large corporations... I am quite alien to this subject, to this field to be more precise... Where do I begin? What book(s), should I get my hands on? what sites should I go to to learn about web design? Thanks. :)
flores

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Postby Gecko » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:13 am

Hello flores, welcome to our forum.

There are many good wysiwyg editors out there like Dreamweaver that will build a nice site,
but with those editors you don't really learn the coding and the coding is what makes it all work.

I think that w3 Schools would be a good place to get started on learning the coding.
Start with the Learn HTML tutorials and work your way through each tutorial.

Once you have a good grasp of html then move on to CSS.

If you want to do database driven websites then you will need to learn PHP or ASP as well.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Re: Is Web Design my true passion?

Postby cking » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Also Dummies has a couple books as well HTML for Dummies I think is the one that got me started. Its walks you through building very basic sites with the minimal amount of tech speak. Also check with your local Community Colleges, college for life long learning, university or technical college often times they allow for you to take a class or two.
Web Design to me is very interesting but its not for everyone it can be very simple or very complex and you need to have a mind for coding because even if you build everything in design view you'll probably want to make changes to the code if it isn't quite right. Good luck
cking
Geek
Geek

Postby Arden » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:14 am

Well, you can start to design the web site you having now. Try to use the dreamweaver and photoshop it is easily to use than other web programming. Even me I’ve been use this 2 software in designing my web site.
Arden

Operating System: windows xp

Postby dckap » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 am

You can get lots of video tutorial available for this, try that :)
dckap
Geek in Training
Geek in Training

Operating System: windows xp

Postby edwardallene » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:45 am

Web Design is a computer program used to create, edit, and update web pages and websites. The purpose of such a program is to make it easier for the designer to work with page and site elements through a graphical user interface that displays the desired results.There are a lot of softwares that you can use in order to have a good website such as HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver etc.

Return to Web Development