It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:25 pm

contact page

Help with Web Design, Programming, and Graphics

Moderator: Gecko

contact page

Postby cking » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:46 pm

I have been working on a webpage that will be requireing the use of a contact page. This page contains a form that will take the customers name and e-mail address (input boxes) and an area to write comments it (textarea) a submit button and a reset button I have all of the html codeing done for the form but I am having issues figuring out the best possible way to have it email the form back to me. I have used the Mailto: function in the past but I do not like how it works. I am currently working with PHP but don't know if this is the way to go or not and whenever I click the submit button it launches dreamweaver and opens the file. Any help would be great.
cking
Geek
Geek

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

added information

Postby cking » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:35 pm

I have added the zip files to my current webpage (which is not very current and is being phased out). you'll find the files at the bottom of the page.
http://www.geocities.com/sportc/index.htm

We are hosting the page onsite using IIS through Microsoft for the sever.
cking
Geek
Geek

Postby cking » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:28 pm

I got PHP set up and got my contact page to work internally, through modifying the php.ini file SMTP setting to contact the SMTP server, now my problem is the server is on the otherside of the DMZ as our webserver and I don't know how to set up the exchange as it will not see the internal address of the email server.
cking
Geek
Geek

Return to Web Development