It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:46 am

Cannot get site to work correctly in IE.

Help with Web Design, Programming, and Graphics

Moderator: Gecko

Cannot get site to work correctly in IE.

Postby BrentBertsch » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:30 pm

I have been having problems with my site not working correctly in IE. No matter what I do I can never get it working correctly. Change the table size does nothing.(Unless I set it to over 1200. but I want it at 750)

The site seems to work fine in Firefox but not in IE6. I have been messing with it for awhile now. At first I did not notice the problem as I always use Firefox but then one of my members told be about it and now I need to fix it.

The site in question is http://yourhugelist.com

The text and other tables inside the main table always seems to run over on the right side and I have no idea why.

The main page you see when you visit the site is in php. But the html is edited separately via sites back end. I am assuming that is where the problem lies but I haven't a clue how to fix it.

If someone could help me that would be great! :cool:
BrentBertsch

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Re: Cannot get site to work correctly in IE.

Postby Gecko » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:42 pm

BrentBertsch wrote:The text and other tables inside the main table always seems to run over on the right side and I have no idea why.

From what I can tell there is now main table
The text that over runs on the right is not inside a table at all.

There are several < head > and < body > tags also, you should only have one of each.
One of the body tags has style="width: 1150px;" within the tag that could also be a problem.
Gecko
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thanks given:1
Thanks received:23

Postby BrentBertsch » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:52 pm

I removed some of the extra <body> and <head> tags which did nothing as far as I can tell. I also tried changing the 1150px to 750 and what that did was move the whole thing to the left side of the browser window in Firefox. In IE this change did nothing.
BrentBertsch

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:0

Return to Web Development