It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:54 am

Complete Website Noobie

Help with Web Design, Programming, and Graphics

Moderator: Gecko

Complete Website Noobie

Postby Torquay-Pete » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:53 pm

Hello to all, Although I have been into the world of the PC for about 3 years now and have learned how to add hardware ,upgrade, rid my PC of Viruses and other crapware (all with your help I hasten to add), I am thinking about setting up my own website with a veiw to starting an online business just to help me and my wife have a better standard of living (The day jobs just dont cover everything any more) .
I now realise that I know absolutely NOTHING about setting up a website, the costs, or even how to begin!! Can you good folks out there point me in the right direction as to where to start and how to continue etc. I would be gratefull for any help which I know will be forthcoming. Thanks in advance Pete (Sunny Devon UK)
PS I dont have loads of money to spare so keep this in mind please
Torquay-Pete
Senior Geek
Senior Geek

Operating System: Windows 7

Thanks given:0
Thanks received:1

Postby robbro » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:58 pm

websites are not really that hard to make depending on the content you want. IF you want it to have a buy option, basket for online shopping then it gets more complicated. Thats because you have to impliment some database and link it with your website.

If you want to make just a simple website its not that hard just try and find some HTM L or DHTML tutorials and read them they are not really hard to follow. As i said it depends on what you want to produce....
SIC INIT
robbro
Executive Geek
Executive Geek

Thanks received:0

Postby cking » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:40 pm

A good book I found when I was learning HTML codeing was HTML for Dummies. The Dummies books come in useful for creating the basic design for a website. as robbro mentioned though things get complicated as you start including customer interactive features (ie shopping carts, contact pages, java script, etc) but it'll get you started off atleast.
cking
Geek
Geek

Thanks received:0

Return to Web Development